EPL: A letters journal exploring the frontiers of Physics
New co-editors on board!
We are pleased to welcome 13 new co-editors on the editorial board.
EPL (formerly Europhysics Letters) is a physics letters journal published twice a month under the scientific responsibility of the European Physical Society. It aims at publishing short papers containing new results, ideas, concepts, experimental methods and theoretical treatments. EPL results from a truly international collaboration: the refereeing procedure is handled by the Editorial Office, which stands by the European Physical Society, while the Production is handled jointly by the Società Italiana di Fisica, EDP Sciences and IOP Publishing. We have brought together our expertises to create a high-quality journal for the international scientific community.
Exploring the frontiers of Physics
Our vision is for EPL to become a leading home for global physics letters, to offer rapid publication of ground-breaking physics results from the international community, and to provide the broadest coverage of physics research.
Benefits of publishing your work with EPL
• High standards of peer review – articles are sent to external reviewers (usually two) selected by EPL’s co-editors, a truly international team of active research scientists in your field
• Fast publication times – the median time in 2011 from receipt of an article to acceptance was just 69 days. Last year, acceptance to online publishing took 30 days.
• Expert copy editing – your accepted article will be professionally copy edited to the journal’s high quality standards
• Efficient ‘proofs to authors’ service – to ensure fast publication we ask that you return the proofs of your article within 48 hours
• Wide visibility – your article will be free to read for 30 days following online publication
• International readership – regularly read in more than 90 countries
• Solid citation record – ISI® Impact Factor of 2.171 for 2011
• Free PDF offprint of your published article
• No page or article charges